Friday, March 2, 2007

March 2, 2007



I have had some opportunities to keep up on my laptop repair skills lately. This laptop had a problem with the mouse and touch pad. I am glad to have had the time learning to repair computers, setting up networks, and troubleshooting problems. In fact I'm glad to have worked in pavement repair and placement as well.

Actually, I have worked in many different jobs for different seasons of my life. Most of the time I moved on to a new job because I physically moved to a new city, although some of the time I changed because the new job was an upgrade from the old job. Here is a list of my various jobs in order:

Spoonemore's Office Supply - delivery
Kmart - Electronics
Chevron Gas Station
Famous Footwear
Holograms Inc.
Pizza Hut - delivery
Ryder Moving Truck Reservations
Lawn Maintenance
Youth Minister
Home Depot - Paint
Vail Construction - Pavement Repair
Logos Consulting - Network Engineer

and my current role as a missionary to Cambodia. At various times I wondered why the Lord had me in a certain job because I could not see how it fit in with the big picture. With some of them I am still unsure of the role they played. Some I thought to be "important" and others just a "job."

But we must not grumble against the Lord's good providence in our employment lest we believe that we are better equiped to be calling the shots. We know that He is the potter and we are the clay. We know from the scriptures that God is at work in us to will and to do according to His good pleasure. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

That is an encouraging thought.


In Christ,
Bill

No comments: