Thursday, December 25, 2008

Khmerry Christmas!!!

This was the headline in today's paper.  Too funny.  We went in to Phnom Penh this morning to have a nice American style Christmas breakfast.  Eggs (over medium), bacon, sausage, pancakes, coffee, etc.  We spent the remainder of the day just piddling around and enjoying each other's company.  It was a quiet day but a nice one.  Here is a picture of us after arriving back at home, safe and sound:

DSC04918

We want to say, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."  We miss seeing you all, especially during the holidays.  This season of our lives has us far from home but we try to keep the perspective that the USA is not our real home either.  We long for that better country and heavenly city which the Lord Jesus has gone to prepare.

Hebrews 11:15  If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16  But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

 

John 14:1  "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2  In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

 

Thanks be to God and amen!

Bill, Jennifer, and Katherine

1 comment:

The Militant Pacifist said...

Merry Christmas dear brother and sister! We love you!